Have you ever noticed in January how crowded your gym becomes? The weights and machines you always get to quickly is now a wait? Why is that???
So many people make the “New Years Resolution” to lose weight and or live a healthier lifestyle. I applaud them for saying this out loud but unfortunately most of the time the statement lacks their commitment. We all seem to have that one friend or family member in our life that really wants to make the change but just won’t. Sometimes we want it more for them the they want it for themselves. Below are some tips to help you cope.
YOU CAN’T CHANGE THEM!!!
The only way to cope is to be extremely supportive and hope they adopt better habits. Congratulate the smallest positive activity because it is huge to their life. Try not to be judgmental and Heaven’s sake definitely DON’T Tease! Every small move towards a healthier lifestyle is a good move and should be recognized. We all love recognition.
If you are one of the individuals who are 100% committed on January 1st to make the changes for a healthier lifestyle only to drop it like a hot potato by January 14th……these tips are for you.
You just took the first step by making the decision. It can be difficult to stay focused and committed but you can do it!
1) Make smaller commitments- 20 minutes of cardio as a beginner then move to 30 after you are comfortable
2) Lift weights to change your metabolism- Muscle dictates metabolism. You want to build lean muscle to burn fat
3) Try swimming- This can be a full body workout without pressure on your joints
4) Push-ups against the wall- It can be intimidating to get on the floor next to the buff guy/girl and try push-ups. Try them on the wall first and work your way to a full military push-up in your own time.
5) 20-20-20- short on time? Try 20 squats-20 wall push-ups and 20 core moves (plank, crunches etc) do this 2-3 times day on your break at work.
The most important thing to do is to KEEP MOVING and DON’T GIVE UP! Everything you do is working towards your goals for a healthier lifestyle. I always tell my clients….never give up.
Check out my “Healthy Young ad Wealthy” facebook page for more inspiration. Need a good multi-vitaminn look at RosannUnplugged.com for info on which one my family takes.
Make Healthy Choices,